My Man is in Canada with our son fishing. So...that leaves me in charge of the yard and the animals. Yes, one dog and 4 pigs (4-H project). Hence, I have been spending time in our 3 acre yard mowing, weeding and killing beetles (see previous post) and keeping the animals alive. Today is "roundup" day. The sprayer will be filled and I will walk around the yard and our gravel lane and squirt weed killer on anything green that needs to perish. Once the poison hits the leaves, the plant doesn't stand a chance. It will die.
This makes me think of my life and the sin that creeps in and grows. Sin erodes my life and takes root and beauty turns ugly. Where do I need some "round-up". Oh, Lord, make me so sensitive to sin in my life that I want stop it dead with the "spray" of your word and prayer! Selfishness,self-centered,arrogant,discontentment and pride need to be demolished and wither and DIE. So.....today....I will be prancing around my yard with my sprayer singing "Oh, VICTORY in JESUS", at the top of my lungs! And the neighbors will be calling Curt in Canada, for sure that the insecticide I sprayed on the beetles has gone to the brain and made me crazy! I am so excited I am going to get my chore clothes on right now and kill me some weeds!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment